About Jhalana Safari, Jaipur
Spread across an area of 23 sq km, the Jhalana Safari park is the first leopard reserve in India located in the Jaipur City of Rajasthan state. The Jhalana Safari park is situated amidst the Aravalli hills and is home to 30-35 leopards, spotted deer, blue bulls, wild boars, and migratory birds. Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary, Jaipur is ideal for wildlife enthusiasts. Once used to be the hunting grounds of the royals, this place is now a great spot to enjoy a safari in the middle of Jaipur city.
The sprawling conservatory, spread over 20 square km, boasts of a large population of other wildlife species indigenous to Rajasthan such as the Striped Hyena, the Desert Fox, the Golden Jackal, Blue Bulls, Rhesus Macaque, Bengal Monitor, Porcupines, the Chital, Indian Palm Civets, etc. This experience is a treat for bird watching enthusiasts as well, since the Jhalana Safari Leopard Conservatory boasts of a large population of various bird species like the Indian Pitta, Dusky Eagle, Owl, Spotted Owlet, etc.
Jhalana : Must Visit Place in Jaipur
A open gypsy safari to see the most elusive cat in the wild is a Lifer experience you will witness at ease. Spotting a leopard is tough job in the wild but in Jhalana it’s relatively easy. The park is right in the heart of the city and its very easy to fill in any itinerary as the safari is just 2.30 hours. You can reach here in one hour max from any hotel within the pinkcity. Best recommended for travelers who are senior citizens, travelers with small children, wildlife photographers, nature enthusiasts, Woman travelers, Sole travelers, Adventure seekers etc. It’s a small area with a good number of leopards and it’s within the city so you save a lot of time in traveling unlike other sanctuaries and if you are lucky you might see a leopard in just 5minutes after the entry.
- Activity Location: Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary, Jaipur
- Start Point/ End Point: Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sanctuary Timings: Morning: 05:45 AM - 8:15 AM / Evening: 4:30 PM- 7:00 PM
- Activity Duration: 2.5 hours
- You can choose from 2 time slots: Morning & Evening.
- There are two zones, one is the base zone and another one is Shikar Audhi- the three-storeyed hunting lodge of the Royal families of Jaipur (it has higher chances of spotting leopard).
- A Jeep can accommodate a maximum of 6 people at a time.
- Reach the activity location and take an open-air gypsy ride with a driver in the Jhalana wildlife sanctuary.
- You may spot leopards, alongside other animals like blue bulls, spotted deer, gray langur, rhesus macaque, small Indian mongoose, ruddy Mongoose, Bengal monitor, desert gerbils, striped hyena, desert Fox, jackals hedgehog, and Sambar deer.
- The Jhalana Safari can be availed by anyone above 5 years of age.
- Maximum 6 people can come in a jeep.
- Children below 6 years can join free of cost.
- Rani Sati Temple(Religious)– Situated in northeast corner of the town, multi storied rani sati temple commemorates an act of sati, by a merchant’s wife in 1595. It depicts the hugely controversial social rite which used to be followed in the Indian society for long.
- Char Chowk Haveli (Architecture) – The haveli famous for its epic painting of a bird standing on an elephant and other elephant on its beak, is a must for the ancient architecture lovers. With large paintings on the façade of the northern haveli, it is truly a marvel in terms of capturing art.
- Modi Haveli (Architecture) – The ModiHavelis face each other and house some of the best Jhunjhunu’s best murals and woodcarvings. The spaces between the brackets depict the Krishna legends. Epic paintings include the one of a woman in blue sari sitting before a gramophone.
- Dundlord Fort (Architecture) - Built and modified over 200 years ago, it showcases a blend of Rajput and Mughal art and architecture. It contains a mix of European and Rajput decorative elements.
- Khedwal Bhavan (Architecture) – Located west of the Baori Gate, it is still inhabited. It features beautiful mirror work above the entrance to the inner courtyard and fine blue tiles.
These are only few to name in the famous Shekhawati region. This place is a viewer’s paradise with several havelis, frescos, art etc. and a must have to fill the bucket list in rajasthan tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop from Jaipur hotel with-in city limits
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- All transport using private Air-conditioned Sedan or SUV vehicle
- Driver and fuel charges
- All highway toll charges
- Any parking fees
- Monument entrance fees, to be paid directly at the monuments
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.